The Captain's meeting is always the Wednesday before the parade on Saturday. This year the meeting is Wednesday 12/2/2020.
1. Meeting is mandatory for all participants. If you haven't filled out
the Parade Application and mailed to us, please complete the form
& bring form and fee to the meeting.
2. Meeting start promptly at 7:00 pm, Venice City Hall.
3. Have your questions ready and we will address when parade
information is complete.
4. Rules will be reviewed and number placement in the parade will
be handed out.
5. Announcement and information regarding the Awards Dinner will be made.
6. Please have ready for the meeting the number of attendees that will be at the Dinner (we
need to know that night for planning). 2 tickets are free (we need your boat numbers in
return). Additional tickets may be purchased.
7. Parade night - be at the staging area no later than 5:30 pm (Marker 13 North of Albee
8. The number given to you at the Captain's meeting indicates your position in the parade.
9. Law enforcement and volunteers on the water will assist in guiding you to your correct
parade position. All of their assistance is greatly appreciated and we couldn't do it without
10. Roll call will take place at 5:45 pm. You will be instructed at the Captain's meeting what
channel to monitor/use.
11. Decorative lights may only be displayed during the parade. You will be advised when to
turn your lights on.
12. Venice Police, FWC, Sarasota County Sheriff, Sea Tow & BoatUS will be available for
assistance during the parade.
13. The rules of Marine Safety apply at all times. Check that your safety materials & equipment
are present and functioning: life vest (must have a life vest for every rider on your boat),
navigation lights, hand-held or dash mount VHF radio, etc.
12. Keep a minimum of 100-150 feet (~ 6 car lengths) between boats. Maintain an even speed.
Please read the above and help us make this a safe and enjoyable parade for everyone. The Board of Directors are happy that you are supporting this great event by participating & to our sponsors for their support. Because of this great show of involvement, we are able to
Give Back to the Community